This recipe is the one my ex used to pressure me out of being vegetarian. It is pretty good thought so at least there's that.
I put the prep as 20 minutes but since this recipe includes a marinade you do need to wait ~24 hours after marinating to cook it.
- Sandwich Buns
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Honestly, for the marinade it was always just the base ingredients I listed plus whatever else they felt like adding in no particular amounts. Just mix it up and throw it in a plastic bag with the steaks.
- Let the steak marinate for around a day.
- Finely mince three to five cloves of garlic.
- Thoroughly mix into mayonnaise.
- For best results, let it sit for a few hours to a day so that the mayo soaks up the garlic juices.
- Warm up a griddle to medium-high heat on the stove.
- Cook marinated steaks to desired rare-ness
- Slice steak into half inch wide strips.
- Cut sandwich buns in half then assemble using steak strips, arugula, and garlic aioli.
The sandwiches themself are good and probably my best memories of March at this point.
On a better note, the garlic aioli works great with pretty much anything. I love using it as dipping sauce, especially for potatoe chips.