Pesto Chicken and Pasta
This is a delicious recipe but since Vik made the fresh pesto by taste and needed a food processor, feel free to just use store bought.
- 1/2 cup Pine Nutes
- Minced Garlic
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- A few tablespoons of Flour
- 1 carton Chicken Tenders
- Fajita Spice Blend
- Olive Oil
- 2 boxes of pasta
- Pluck the leaves off the basil, discarding the stems, and place into food processor.
- Add pine nuts, parmesan, and garlic then process.
- In a plastic bag, mix the chicken tender and flour, then shake to coat.
- Heat up a pan on medium high and then add olive oil and coated chicken when hot.
- Add the chicken to the pan and space evenly.
- Generously sprinkle the spice blend on the top of the chicken
- Leave to cook and periodically check if the chicken is browned using the tongs. Once it is, flip the tenders and sprinkle the spice blend on the other side.
- As above, wait for the chicken to brown, then, once it is, transfer to a bowl and shred with forks.
- Leave sauce to cook. You will know it is done when you can press the tongs into the bottom of the pan and the sauce takes a second to fill the hole.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, then add the pasta and cook for twenty minutes.
- Drain then add shredded chicken and pesto.
The pesto is great as an addition to literally anything. You could easily have just the chicken or substitute a different base such as rice.