Stir Fried Lettuce
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 10 mins
This one is a depression meal invented when March had nothing but lettuce and various sauces.
Despite that, it turned out really good and with a few additions became a staple meal of ours.
WokCooking SpoonPot or Rice CookerCutting BoardKnifeBowl
- Soy Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Wasabi Powder
- 3 heads Romaine Lettuce
- 1 box Firm Tofu
- One part Rice
- Two parts Water
- In a bowl combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, wasabi powder, and sugar. Unfortunately I do not know the exact proportions. March always made it off instict.
- Wash the rice.
- Combine two parts water and one part rice in either a pot or a rice cooker.
- For a pot, cook on medium-high until boiling, then cook on medium until desired hardness is reached.
- Chop the lettuce heads length-wise into inch wide strips and keep in a bowl.
- Cube the tofu and put into the bowl.
- Let the wok heat up to medium-high, then add the lettuce and tofu. Cook without stirring for five minutes.
- Add in the sauce then cook stirring frequently until lettuce wilts.
- Serve with rice.
I love the taste of vinegar so I would always pour the remaining sauce over rice and eat it. Yum!